Thermotherapy is the controlled use of high temperature heat as a form of therapy to provide relief from a variety of ailments.
Our office utilizes a thermotherapy modality which uses quantum energy technology including far infrared rays and negative ions that penetrate deeply and work together to provide therapeutic relief. The following benefits or items having shown benefits from this therapy include:
- Detoxification, Mood Enhancement, Mental Alertness, Mental Stimulation, Grounding Effect
- Insomnia, Relaxation, Regenerative Health, Cellular Renewal, Migraine Reduction or Elimination
- Increased Flexibility, Muscle and Joint Injury Pain Relief, Stabilization of Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, and Glandular Functions
- Conditions associates with Stress, Tension, Anxiety, Improved Circulation, Improved Hormonal Balance, Increased Vitality
- Low Immunity, Pain, Jet Lag Relief, Reduced Body Toxicity, Improved Viral, Cystic, Acidic, and Endemic Malfunction, Increased Metabolism, Flushing of Fat and Cellular Waste
- Complementary treatment utilized for Lyme, Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s, and numerous other diseases and ailments.
A low body temperature is a contributor and indicator of many health problems, such as: fatigue, headaches, migraines, PMS, easy weight gain, depression, irritability, fluid retention, anxiety and panic attacks, thyroid disorder, hair loss, poor memory, poor concentration, low sex drive, unhealthy nails, dry skin and hair, cold intolerance, heat intolerance, low motivation, low ambition, insomnia, allergies, acne, carpal tunnel syndrome, asthma, odd swallowing sensations, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, muscle and joint aches, slow healing, sweating abnormalities, Raynaud’s Phenomenon, itchiness, irregular periods, easy bruising, ringing of the ears, flushing, bad breath, dry eyes / blurred vision, and more.
Thermotherapy can be used complementary to conventional medicine.
Persons with a pacemaker or heart condition and those sensitive to detoxification methods should use low temperatures.
Thermotherapy should begin in 15 minute increments or less and gradually be increased as individual tolerances and preferences vary.
Please drink plenty of water prior to and after session and dress in clean and comfortable cotton clothing. Synthetic fibers block negative ions and cause the body to reabsorb toxins that may be sweat out during the session.
Please do not bring electronic devices into room as they may interfere with equipment functioning properly.
Note: If you have considered Infrared Saunas for detoxification, pain management, or other ailments, but are sensitive to the intense heat or closed in heat, please ask us how thermotherapy can help you.
- Medications – There is a possibility of greater uptake by the body with thermotherapy, so please check with your physician or pharmacist for possible medication adjustments or effect of drug due to interaction with infrared energy
- Certain ailments – According to some authorities, it is considered inadvisable to raise the core temperature of someone with adrenal suppression, systemic lupus erythematosus, or multiple sclerosis
- Joint Problems – If a person has a RECENT <acute> joint injury, it should NOT be heated for the first 48 hours or until the hot and swollen symptoms subside. Joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind. Vigorous heating is strictly contraindicated in cases of enclosed infections be they dental, in joints, or in any other tissues.
- Pregnancy – Please check with your physician for temperature and duration advice regarding infrared thermotherapy
- Surgical implants – Generally, metal pins, rods, artificial joints, and other surgical implants reflect infrared rays and are not heated by infrared. Nevertheless, please verify with your surgeon or physician regarding thermotherapy.
- Silicone – Silicone melts at over 200 degrees Celsius, and should not be adversely affected by infrared temperatures, however as implanted silicone or silicone prostheses for nose or ear replacement may be warmed during the absorption of infrared, please check with your physician or product manufacturer.
- Menstruation – Heating of the low back area of women during menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow, and therefore may choose to avoid infrared during this time period.
- Hemorrhage – Hemophiliacs or anyone predisposed to hemorrhage should avoid infrared thermotherapy.
- Pain – Pain should not be experienced during thermotherapy. In the rare event pain is experienced, the treatment may not be appropriate at that time.
- Recent Vaccinations – A detox reaction such as pain, flu-like symptoms, etc. may occur and will diminish.