Finding natural, safe, and effective drug-free approaches to improvement of lung / pulmonary function in athletes including swimmers, runners, skiers, and numerous others is something constantly at the forefront when trying to get to peak condition. The same is true for those that utilize their lungs for voice and music, whether it be acting, singing, or playing an instrument.
When you’re an athlete, actor, singer, or musician, every advantage counts. Halotherapy can help you get that edge over the competition drug-free.
The primary goal of each of these individuals is to achieve their absolute maximum potential. One of the most important determinants of whether this is possible is to improve their breathing pattern.
Poor breathing patterns will:
• Limit oxygen exchange
• Reduce stamina and performance
• Increase the production of lactic acid and subsequently leave the individual with residual muscle soreness
• Increase dehydration
• Increase the occurrence of cramps
• Greatly lengthen recovery time
• Elevate the heart rate
• Increase anxiety
• Decrease concentration
• Increase the likelihood of injury in training and competition
• Decrease energy levels
• Contribute to poor sleep patterns
The aim of Halotherapy in this protocol is to normalize the breathing pattern.
When the body is working within its physiologically normal parameters, it can work at an increased level of performance. Endurance and stamina in turn are maximized and all of the above are alleviated. Athletes find that once they have corrected their breathing pattern, they can achieve improved performance with less breath. This means athletes would have more air in reserve and hence have increased and optimal performance. When you want to win, you have to get that edge.
There are known respiratory conditions and pulmonary limitations among athletes:
• Air flow obstruction leading to performance reduction (1)
• Increased bronchial responsiveness (2)
• Exposure to airborne allergens and other unwanted inhaled particles (2)
• Respiratory illnesses and conditions such as asthma, allergy, airway inflammation (1,2)
Halotherapy treatment is clinically proven:
• To clear mucus from the airways thus removing airflow obstruction (3)
• To enhance mucociliary clearance mechanism in both asthmatic and healthy subjects (4)
• To balance airway-surface liquid (5)
• To provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects (3)
• To reduce bronchial hyperresponsiveness (6)
• To improve lung function (3)
• To help clear unwanted inhaled particles from lungs (4)
• As a drug-free treatment for asthma, bronchitis, CF, and sinusitis (3)
Thus, introducing Halotherapy with other therapies and training can lead to better lung function and improved performance as well as both prevention and treatment of respiratory conditions among athletes. Additionally, with no medications, there are no side effects!
Our Halotherapy Protocol can help:
• Treat existing respiratory problems naturally (3)
• Clear mucus from the airways thus reducing / removing airflow obstruction (3)
• Provide anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects for respiratory system(3)
• Reduce bronchial hyperresponsiveness (6)
• Improve lung function (3)
• Clear unwanted inhaled particles from lungs (4)
• Enhance mucociliary clearance mechanism (4) (Prevention treatments)
• Increase lung capacity and endurance
• Strengthen the respiratory muscles
• Increase the volume of lung ventilation
Thus our Halotherapy Protocol can improve pulmonary function, which in turn can lead to better performance.
• Our facility is specialized to help respiratory conditions naturally
• Our technology is the first in the PA / MD / DC metro area that affects purification of the entire breathing system with a patent pending controlled therapy
• We use unique, medical grade equipment
• Our method is clinically proven, safe, drug-free, and effective
Typically, this program is initially based on 15 sessions, either 5 days per week for 3 weeks or 3 days per week for 5 weeks with maintenance thereafter. ***If needed, we can modify this format to meet the needs of the individual.
For more information, please call Shabath Mineral Wellness at (717)-552-2369.
1 Mark Harries, ABC of Sport Medicine: Pulmonary limitation to performance in sport. BMJ 1994; 309:113-115(9 July)
2 Helenius, I, Haahtela, T Allergy and asthma in elite summer sport athletes. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000; 106,444-452
3 Chervinskaya AV, Zilber NA. Halotherapy for treatment of respiratory diseases. J Aerosol Med 1995 Fall;8(3):221-232.
4 E.Daviskas, S.D. Anderson, I. Gonda, S. Eberl, S. Meikle, J.P. Seale, J. Bautovich. Inhalation of hypertonic saline aerosol enhances mucociliary clearance mechanism in asthmatic and healthy subjects. Eur Respiratory J,1996, 9, 725-732
5 Jonathan D. Finder. Airway Clearance in Pediatric Patients. RT Magazine. January 2006
6 J. Hedman, T. Hugg, J. Sandell, T. Haahtela. The effect of salt chamber treatment on bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthmatics. Allergy2006:61:605-610